Varicose Veins Treatment In Meerut
What are varicose veins?
Varicose veins are dilated, tortuous swollen veins usually seen in lower limbs. It is a very common condition resulting from decreased blood flow from the leg veins up to the heart, with pooling of blood in the veins.
- Increasing age
- Family history of varicose veins.
- Jobs that require long periods of continuous sitting or standing and obesity.
- In women, pregnancy—especially multiple pregnancies—is one of the most
common factors accelerating the progression of venous insufficiency.
- Pain, heaviness, inability to walk or stand for long hours .
- Dermatitis , Skin ulcers
- Bleeding with minor trauma.
- Blood clotting within affected veins.
- Non-healing venous ulcers
The best method to evaluate the disease is Doppler sonography which gives an idea of saphenofemoral and perforator incompetence.
Endovenous laser ablation of varicose veins represents a minimally Invasive procedure that is performed on an out-patient basis under local anesthesia and only takes about 30 – 45 minutes. In this procedure, the laser fiber is inserted into the affected vein through a small puncture site and the laser energy is then used to close the dilated vein.
- Maximum patient comfort – less post-operative pain, bruising and swelling
- No scars or stitches – because the procedure does not require a surgical incision, just a nick in the skin, about the size of a pencil tip
- Quick return to normal activities. There may be minor soreness or bruising, which can be treated with over-the-counter pain relievers.
Short treatment times – the treatment takes less than an hour.
- Immediate return to normal activity with little or no pain.
- High success rate and low recurrence rate compared to surgery. The success rate ranges for vein ablation ranges from 93-97 percent.
Department of Interventional Radiology (IR)
Department of Interventional Radiology (IR) is lead by:
Dr. Parul Garg
MBBS, MD, DNB, Senior Consultant, Interventional Radiologist
KH-1453, Daurala, NH-58,
Near Sivaya Toll Plaza,
Roorke Road, Meerut (U.P.)